X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZYV
    • Sep 2005

New design thread

Hi!

Just wanted to congratulate Andrew and the team with the new design. I'm not used to how the forums look like yet, but the website certainly does look awesome! I like that it looks clean, lean, modern and functional.

No unneeded Web 2:0-ness, no stupid images with ridiculous server blades, no annoying call us now graphics that jump out of your browser window and all this worthless crap that a normal host would treat you to. Just simply professional as it should be.

Sorry it took me awhile, but you can't comment on the announcements and it takes an effort to overcome the inertia to create a new topic...

Z.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Thank you very much, we greatly appreciate it! You mean you don't like hosts using pictures of servers they don't even have?

I'm still getting used to the forums as well. The design change here is mostly to do with the upgrade of vBulletin from 3.8.x to 4.1.x.

Comment

• ZYV
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by AndrewT
      You mean you don't like hosts using pictures of servers they don't even have?
      Don't I like it? This literally drives me nuts! Are they taking me for an idiot that have never ever seen a blade in his life? When I see this, I always feel the urge to send some photos of my sexy pink Sun UltraSparc III blades that I have in my closet their way...

I'm still getting used to the forums as well. The design change here is mostly to do with the upgrade of vBulletin from 3.8.x to 4.1.x.
      You know, I think I now understand what is so confusing about this new forum layout and why I don't feel likewise confused about the website itself. The thing is that I'm viewing it on a 26'' screen and because the designer have chosen an elastic template the paragraphs are so much wider than the comfortable reading line width, so I have perform several saccades to read just one sentence. This quickly gets very annoying and the eyes become tired. I would recommend fixing the maximal width to some 30-40 em, so that the lines would be of comfortable length.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

I've adjusted the forums to a smaller fixed width. We'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Comment

• ZYV
          • Sep 2005

Looks great to me now! Thanks.

Comment

• ChrisTech
            • Mar 2004

New site is beautiful. It's to the point without any horrible flash images or craziness. I'm so sick of going to even look at another webhost's website and seeing the same old WHM look & feel. This looks simply awesome. Love the Avg. Live Response time on the main page. What could be more honest about that?

Like the upgrade to VB 4.x I updated mine a while back. Does take some getting used to. I ended up adding a few themes to mine, so folks could take a different look at them.

Overall, website & forums, its a good change & my home for even more years! (granted my being here isn't dependent on the website or forums, but a good plus)
            Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• Pedja
              • Mar 2004

There is one thing missing in forum: there is no link to at least main Dathorn site.

Comment

• ChrisTech
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Pedja
                There is one thing missing in forum: there is no link to at least main Dathorn site.
                Link can be added in the footer or a new tab at top can be created to link to main page.
                Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• AndrewT
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2004

Added.

Comment

• ChrisTech
                    • Mar 2004

Added.