Old mail from Mailman archives disappears?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZYV
    • Sep 2005

Old mail from Mailman archives disappears?

Hi!

I guess I've raised this point some time ago, but I can't find the old thread anymore, thus I decided to create a new one. I'm using Mailman for my mailing lists and long ago I noticed that some old mail that used to be in the archives is no longer there. I believe I was answered that this is not possible, so I thought I could have messed something up, but now it re-occurred again.

I have a mailing list attached to a sub-domain of a cPanel domain, which I created on Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:08:37 -0600. I still have complete mail archive in my mailbox. When I tend to the public archives, I only see mail starting from April 2009. This is on cpanel63.gzo.com.

Does anyone see anything like this with their mailing lists??? I might have few others that I can check as well.

Shall I submit a TT with the details?

Is there a way for me to back up my mailing list archives in some way other than downloading the mbox files by hand? I reckon we don't have access to raw Mailman data in /var/blah-blah-blah...

Thanks!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

If you submit a ticket I can take a quick look to see what is actually there on the file system.

If you generate a full backup via cPanel these do include everything on the account, including Mailman data.

Comment

Working...