Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • condemnity
    • Dec 2004

vtiger outgoing error message

Has anyone setup vtiger at all? I've just replied to a thread from 2005 where it sounds like someone was having the same problem. But, the thread was from 2005, so who knows if the user is still around. Anyway, no matter what I put in the outgoing mail server settings, I get the following message: "Mail could not be sent to the admin user. Please check the admin emailid/Server settings".

It is driving me nuts. I've tried my server name with and without ports(25 and 587) after it. I've tried with and without authentication. I've tried the username as "username@domain.com" and just "username" alone. Nothing works. At wit's end here. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.
    NYC Caterers by Epicurean Creations
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Can you just have vtiger send emails using PHP's mail function instead of via SMTP? This is typically the best option and most scripts default to this.

Comment

• condemnity
      • Dec 2004

EXCELLENT idea Andrew!

I found this thread: http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?p=79787 which told me to edit www/vtiger/modules/Emails/class.phpmailer.php and change the function IsSMTP from
      function IsSMTP() {
      $this->Mailer = "smtp";
      }
      to this
      function IsSMTP() {
      $this->IsSendmail();
      }

I went in to the Outbound mail server again and entered my servername, no port, no username/password and unchecked "need to authorize". And BAM! It worked. Thanks Andrew!
      Last edited by AndrewT; 06-19-2011, 11:45 PM.
      NYC Caterers by Epicurean Creations

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Great! You're very welcome. I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Comment

Working...