Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcohen
    • May 2004

SIGH

Sometimes life is what happens between plans.

The Co-Developer on the Thummer Project will no longer be with this project. I have put the brakes on it's developement and will code the project myself sometime around the beginning of December...

Those who have agreed to beta test, please trash that file, or play with it if you'd like.... it will time out at the end of this month I believe.... If you're still interested in testing when I make the revised edition, you'll surely be welcome!!

Expect Thummer by the end of December, 04

rcohen
    Last edited by rcohen; 11-18-2004, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
      • Mar 2004

OK, I have been playing with it, and have some notes at home, but haven't gotten back to you on them yet. I'll go ahead and send them to you tonight so you'll have them for the re-write.

Comment

• rcohen
        • May 2004

Thanks Frank! I have some notes from others as well that I'll be applying.... yours will surely be appreciated.

Cheers

rcohen

Comment

• anguz
          • Mar 2004

This is great, rcohen, I'm really happy you're doing this. I looked for such a utility for some time a while ago, unsuccesfully, though.

I was looking for one that could do it in my webhost, though, so that I could use it from wherever I happened to post something on the website. Is this possible at all?

Looking forward to your release.

Comment

• rcohen
            • May 2004

Hi anguz,

Actually, I have (re) started this project already and it very well might be ready sooner, rather than later ;-) I have decided to leave the HTML packaging feature out til V2 perhaps (unless I get a lot of requests sooner), in order to bring the basics to a ready state sooner.

Please explain to me in greater details what it is you're asking... Are you asking about something server side? If so, this product will not be capable of interfacing with server script, sorry. If that's not what you meant, please explain...

Cheers

rcohen

Comment

• anguz
              • Mar 2004

Yes, I meant it sever-side, but it's fine. I'd like to try out your app when it's ready. I'm glad you may have it ready soon.

Comment

• rcohen
                • May 2004

In Beta

Ok, to report... The new version of Thummer is now in Beta. It will not have the HTML packaging options (yet) as this will be a version 2 option IF the sales of V1 proves worthy. This version will scan a folder on the local machine (recursive or not) and drop the image (full sized OR thumb) into the folder with the htm* document. The software will import a list of URL's from a (one per line) text file, into a database which can be edited, built over time and then saved / loaded for later use.

Thummer WILL BE available for purchase by December 5th, perhaps sooner.

Thanks for the suggestions and the interest.

Cheers

rcohen

Comment

• Frank Hagan
                  • Mar 2004

This is very nice ... I just created thumbnails of some HTML templates in 20 different folders by having it recurse through them and create the file list. It listed over 300 of the HTML files in just a few seconds. I edited the list down to just the "index.htm" file in each folder and created thumbnails ... it did it in about 40 seconds. It was taking me forever to do it using the print screen key!

Snapping a thumbnail of my websites worked well also, especially once I "found" (in plain sight, naturally) the option to snap a pic of the entire page or just what would fit into my browser.

While I wasn't looking for this feature, having it make thumbnails of .jpg files is good too. Its fast enough that I'll probably use it rather than firing up Paint Shop Pro (which takes a lot longer to load than it does to create the thumbnail.)

Comment

• rcohen
                    • May 2004

Thanks for the good word Frank. I am just now polishing off some features and things are looking VERY nice indeed.

Thanks for your conceptual, time and beta testing. It sure has taken long enough to make this happen... and so I also thank you for your patience.

I'll post it's availability in a week or less, when it happens...

Cheers

rcohen

Comment

• rcohen
                      • May 2004

Finally!!

I'm pleased to announce that Thummer is FINALLY ready for prime time. Those interested can download the application and play with it in DEMO mode.

Thanks to those who have been supporting and contributing to the concept via e-mail and in this forum.

Cheers

rcohen

Thummer Home Page

Comment

• -Oz-
                        • Mar 2004

I really have no use for it, but I may check it out just to see, well done
                        Dan Blomberg

Comment

• Frank Hagan
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by rcohen
                          I'm pleased to announce that Thummer is FINALLY ready for prime time. Those interested can download the application and play with it in DEMO mode.

Thanks to those who have been supporting and contributing to the concept via e-mail and in this forum.

Cheers

rcohen

Thummer Home Page
                          I'm very pleased with how quickly it works to make the thumbnails from local directories. In the registered version, it can create a file list by recursively searching through folders for any .HTML files; you can edit that list, and then "snap" a thumbnail of each one of those files. It did 150 in a very short time ... I don't know how long exactly, because I started it and switched windows to write a paragraph, and when I was back it was done. Probably less than two minutes. This is a huge time-saver over loading the HTML page in my browser, hitting print screen, then pasting the image into a graphics program. Now I just need to play with the optimum size settings for thumbnails of HTML pages!

Comment

• rcohen
                            • May 2004

Thanks for the good word Frank... especially considering that you were the major inspiration behind that feature ;-)

I am happy to finally put this project to rest... and now will turn my attention to a handful of applications that utilize the engine created for thummer.

Thanks again!

Cheers

rcohen

Comment

Working...