Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pedja
    • Mar 2004

Any plans of updating Dathorn pricing?

I've came in quite hard position as my clients are thinking of moving to other hosting just because of prices. Thing is lately there was quite a large shift in hosting prices so now thy can get much hosting for their sites that matches Dathorn reseller hosting but what I pay for one month, they can pay for whole year. And that is not some cheap wanabee hosting but real power - quality hosting and quality support that matches Dathorn stuff.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

We have no plans to change our pricing. However, as you know, over the years we have adjusted the resource limits of our hosting plans many times and we will continue to do so as we see fit. We do not aim to compete with all of the low end hosts claiming to offer the world for next to nothing. You really do tend to get what you pay for in this industry. We provide a very high quality service and our pricing reflects that. It is by no means expensive.

As a reseller especially, you need to offer some value to your clients that they cannot otherwise get easily. Competing on price alone will not be successful. There are just too many hosting companies around doing that. Differentiating your business is key.

Comment

• Pedja
      • Mar 2004

I stated that offered hosting services are not low end but match Dathorn except their prices are extremely lower. We do offer lots of additional value (we actually resell for almost the same price we get it from Dathorn) and we simply cannot match that price difference.

We are not going to loose customers as hosting is not our business model. We offer hosting just to cover full circle of services to our clients. That way users deal with us for everything regarding their sites and Internet presence. Also, we can do better job when we can control sites from development to running them on server.

We are in situation that users, although they like to work with us, cannot disregard fact that they can get the same level of hosting service for substantially lower price, and we cannot go any lower as we are limited by Dathorn prices.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

If the prices are that much lower, they are certainly making compromises some where regardless of what you may see at first look.

Comment

Working...