Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FPPaintball
    • Apr 2004

Mail...concern..?

Trouble ticket has been submitted, and 'resolved'.

I mainly use my mail through Flagpull.com for business, not personal use. Lately customers have been telling me that e-mails are bouncing back with a 550 sender authorization error from the server. Some emails customers emails come through, some don't.

AndrewT has told me this is because the senders email accounts/servers are not set up correctly. Ok...so the dathorn server is set up 100% correctly.

Doesn't it seem to be a problem if my customer can send emails to EVERYONE, with the exception of me? I understand that my server is set up 100% correct, but I cannot tell my customers they are out of luck and that they need to fix their settings, even though they can send to everyone else.

How many emails am I losing a day from how many customers that I have no idea about?
  • bd2003
    • Mar 2004

[edit]
    check out this thread... if they're using your dathorn server to send mail with, it may explain the problem why some can send without logging in and others can't...
    I've been under the impression that in order to use the smtp server, authentication needs to be checked right? Cpanel's OE auto config also sets that as default. Well, all of a sudden, If its checked the connection will time out. If its unchecked, everything sends correctly???? This is occuring on every mail account I

[/edit]

if they're getting an authorization error, then it has to be from their server, not yours (dathorn)...

the authorization error is generated by the SMTP server they use when it's set up to require users to login before they can send email... most places do this now to cut down on spammers trying to use them as a relay... so, andrew is correct in saying it's got to be something on their server..

unless they're trying to relay mail through dathorn, which is a no-no anyway...

they wouldn't happen to be trying to use the dathorn (flagpull.com) server as their SMTP server, would they? but then if that were the case they wouldn't be able to send any mail without logging in...

can you get some more specifics when they can't send - who are htey using? what are their SMTP settings? can they send you the header info from a boun ce? This last would be great as it would show exactlly who's bouncing it and why....this thread

Comment

Working...