Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pedja
    • Mar 2004

Option to disable IMAP access?

Is there option to disable IMAP access for some accounts?

I have issue that one mail account, after set to use IMAP, in one day spent 10 times more bandwidth than whole package for that domain allows. That did not happen before when POP3 is used to get email.

Bandwidth limitation for domain account did not prevent this excessive bandwidth usage - account was not suspended after limit was reached.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Sorry, that is not an option that is available and I don't suspect the cPanel developers will be including any such option any time soon if at all. That sort of abnormal bandwidth usage, though, usually indicates a domain quota issue or a problem with the end user's mail client repeatedly downloading the same emails. Often times removing and re-adding the account in the mail client will correct the latter.

Bandwidth usage is only updated every 4 hours so naturally it is possible to exceed an account's limit. The limit is likewise only enforced via HTTP as well, where it was display a bandwidth limit exceeded page. Other services such as email will continue to function. This is just the way that this works with cPanel and I do agree that it is something that should change going forward as email usage continues to grow and often exceeds HTTP traffic on domains.

Comment

• Pedja
      • Mar 2004

When we are on the subject, I also noticed if I suspend cPanel account, http is suspended but email still works.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

That is not the case. When an account is actually suspended nothing on it can be accessed, including email.

Comment

Working...