Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pedja
    • Mar 2004

Email subaddresses, does it work

I am pretty sure that I saw option to set email subaddresses (using plus sign) on some cpanel account (not necessarily on Dathorn).

I wanted to set up one account on Dathorn but cannot find options for that. Is that available?

----

Email subaddresses

This feature, also known as plus addressing, allows senders to route a message directly to the folder of a mailbox.

Email subaddresses use the username+folder@domain format, where username represents the username of the mailbox and folder represents the folder's name.

For example, if you send a message to username+Important@example.com, the mail server will route the message to the Important folder in the username@example.com mailbox.

----
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

cPanel added support for this within the past year.

Comment

• Pedja
      • Mar 2004

How is it used on Dathorn? I could not find any setting option for that. I tried to send to email address with + subaddress but it did not show anywhere on account (i looked through files) and it id not even return with some error notice.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Please see the link included in my reply. The emails are routed to a folder based on the address you use.

Comment

Working...