Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nameservers & general confusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    If that is what happened he should be able to delete the domain and recreate it without any trouble. Just no renaming...
    How about if the name collided with another resellers account? It's a one in a million thing I guess?
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

That minor mystery was sorted out, but it appears that it's not the end of the newb's problems. He's now trying to figure out why test emails sent to SITE-B's account are being transitted through SITE-A. (Thought it might be some kind of propagation thing, but after almost 24 hours it doesn't look like it).

How about if the name collided with another resellers account? It's a one in a million thing I guess?
    I don't think I want to find out what happens then but I'd hope they've put checks in for WHM usernames

test emails sent to SITE-B's account are being transitted through SITE-A
    Now that seems pretty odd. Let's see if we have this straight...
    Site A was created originally.
    Site B was then created but subsequently deleted and recreated with a different user name.
    Now email sent to Site B goes to Site A then is forwarded to Site B?

Firstly, propagation can take up to 72 hours. Generally with a brand new domain though that's seldom the case.

From what you've said previously I assume you've created each domain separately in WHM and haven't parked one on the other so my guess is that the deletion of Site B's first incarnation wasn't complete and to fix that you'll need to submit a trouble ticket.

Thread Information