Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superfly
    • Mar 2004

transfering accounts between reseller accounts

How exactly do you do that when users have their domains, subdomains, e-mails, mysql databses, scripts, etc. Of course you don't want to lose all that
  • diver
    • Mar 2004

You'd need to do a Full Backup from Cpanel... that backs up everything... databases, email, etc.

But to restore that to another account, you'd need to get Andrew to do that, as it has to be done at root level.

Comment

• Pedja
      • Mar 2004

Have you tried and suceeded that? I tried and it showed up that Full backup created by Cpanel is unusable.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

If you simply have us transfer the accounts, it is a very easy process to do.

Comment

• superfly
          • Mar 2004

Good to hear =) Can you tell me (us) how it's done or is a secret? I'm curious ..

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

You do not have access to do it. There is a simple utility in the root level WHM.

Comment

• mliebowitz
              • Jun 2004

from other providers as well?

Firstly, hey everyone. This is my first post as I am moving away from a rotten provider elsewhere.

My question in here is does this move of accounts include from my other provider to this or just reseller accounts within this provider? if so, can i just email my full backup to support@ or is there a place to upload it for you to help me out Andrew?

Thanx and I hope to be able to enjoy my time at Dathorn.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
                • Mar 2004

If your old host has the transfer enabled, Andrew can transfer the site. You just have to give him a ticket or email saying you want to do it, and he'll get the info he needs from you.

Comment

• mliebowitz
                  • Jun 2004

enabled?

where would i find out if it is enabled for me? if asking them is how i fnd out then im out of luck already because i havent gotten a response from them in months. at least it feels like that long. is it something within cpanel that i can check?

thanx for the help.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
                    • Mar 2004

I think you just try to transfer, and if it works, you know its enabled. Which means you'll have to have Andrew attempt the transfer.

There is a small fee for the transfer ... I think it was $2.00 per site, or something.

If switching over to Dathorn is dependent on being able to transfer, just let Andrew know that in an email. None of us can speak for him, of course, but I suspect he'll be able to test it and let you know.

Comment

• Jonathan
                      • Mar 2004

You can email andrew here
                      "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
                      - C

Comment

• AndrewT
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2004

There's nothing to enable for this transfer process to work. It just happens to work some times and some times it won't, we can't possibly know until you signup and actually give us your information to transfer the accounts.

Comment

Working...