Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • episodic
    • Jun 2004

A few questions about your service

What kind of support do you offer, is it purely web based?

Where are your servers located?

What if any guarantees do you make?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now some questions that will show my lack of expertise in this area.

I am familiar with linux based hosting. I have never had a reseller's account though.

Let us say I had the domain name (fake) hosting1yourlife.com

Do I need to use this domain name to access my WHM control panel? If the answer is no (I hope), then can you still use it for the custom name servers ns1.hosting1yourlife.com and ns2.hosting1yourlife.com and use it as a domain on one of your accounts?

Basically,the site that would advertise my webhost business, do I have to use that as the pointer to WHM? Or do do I just use an IP address. . . Hopefully I made sense. . .

----------------------------
    Also I have one domain name that I'd like to host to test things (scripts and such). . .

If I mess that domain up, can I delete the domain from WHM and then recreate the domain and all the files be zero'ed back to a 'new account' or will everything still be there? I would love to be able to test things and zero the account back at will. . .
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

I've added my answers in bold

Originally posted by episodic
    What kind of support do you offer, is it purely web based?
    Yes, to my knowledge only web based

The Planet, in Houston, TX

What if any guarantees do you make?
    Not sure; if you mean uptime, none

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now some questions that will show my lack of expertise in this area.

I am familiar with linux based hosting. I have never had a reseller's account though.

Let us say I had the domain name (fake) hosting1yourlife.com

Do I need to use this domain name to access my WHM control panel? If the answer is no (I hope), then can you still use it for the custom name servers ns1.hosting1yourlife.com and ns2.hosting1yourlife.com and use it as a domain on one of your accounts?
    You do not need the domain to access WHM....also you can use it for custom name servers.

Basically,the site that would advertise my webhost business, do I have to use that as the pointer to WHM? Or do do I just use an IP address. . . Hopefully I made sense. . .
    You can access via any of your domains (domain.com/whm) or a cPanel address (check FAQ forum)

----------------------------
    Also I have one domain name that I'd like to host to test things (scripts and such). . .

If I mess that domain up, can I delete the domain from WHM and then recreate the domain and all the files be zero'ed back to a 'new account' or will everything still be there? I would love to be able to test things and zero the account back at will. . .
    Yes, you can delete an account and re-make it if you wish to.
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Comment

• KyleC
      • Mar 2004

The Planet, in Houston, TX

actually they are in Dallas TX
      -Kyle

Comment

Working...