Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy
    • Mar 2004

Need help finding program

I need some help in finding a program, or maybe a custom program will need to be developed. A customer wants to be have users pay online to watch instructional video clips. (training).

So what I was thinking, was having user signup/register, pay online, then get access to these video clips for X amount of time.

User also does not want users to be able to save the video clips to there local drive and burning the files (theft).

Anyone have suggestions for this, that would be great. If anyone is interested or can develop something like this, let me know.
    Andy
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

I've heard of scripts like this...
    As for the 'not downloading/burning'-- not sure...

Remember a topic in the general support area--
    Dathorn servers (@least for mp3s...) don't do live streaming
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Comment

• Andy
      • Mar 2004

Hey Jon, thanks for the reply.

Would you know of any one hand, or the name of them.

As for the streaming, I know we cant do that, so I may have to get this hosted somewhere else.
      Andy

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Mar 2004

Unfortantly, no; I never had any real need for something
        like this, so it slipped out of my mind (The name) I admit.

Possibly (probably not what your looking for) its buried in here:
        Hot Scripts is the net's largest PHP, CGI, Perl, JavaScript and ASP script collection and resource web portal. We are an Internet directory that compiles and distributes Web programming-related resources, geared toward webmasters, developers and programmers looking for enhancing their Web sites and intranets with dynamic development tools.
        "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
        - C

Comment

• -Oz-
          • Mar 2004

I'd reccomend using the paypal ipn developer network so you can write you own script to accept their money then give them access to the "file" automatically.

I'd say the best way to prevent the theft of the video is to make it part of a flash interface.
          Dan Blomberg

Comment

• Andy
            • Mar 2004

Hey OZ, thanks for reply.

Thats a good idea, for the paypal ipn developer network, but I could not code something like that for the life of me.

As for the flash idea, that did cross my mind but was not sure how that would work with movies. IE quality size etc. I may try that though

thanks agian
            Andy

Comment

• ChrisTech
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by -Oz-
              I'd reccomend using the paypal ipn developer network so you can write you own script to accept their money then give them access to the "file" automatically.

I'd say the best way to prevent the theft of the video is to make it part of a flash interface.
              Flash is a good way to prevent theft, just make sure you use some framing with it, to hide the actual file name for the file playing. Or else, its easy to take. There isn't much streaming video out there (or audio) that you can't "take" or "steal" pretty easily.
              Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

Working...