X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leighn
    • Aug 2004

My web design company

Pixel Web Solutions

will be purchasing domain name tomorrow or next day... what you all think? got 3 business lined up already
  • mkraai
    • Mar 2004

Great overall look. Artistic, yet clean and polished. I like it.

I do have some issues with the usability of your menu. It is artistic and clean, but I think you've gone too far - it doesn't do all the jobs a menu is supposed to do well enough. The menu should be a map of sorts, providing a point of reference and the lay of the land, as well as a mechanism to get from here to there.
    • The menu is consistent from page to page, which is good. The exception is the home page, which is fine.
    • The unadorned stack of images does not announce itself as a menu loudly enough. It requires my experience as a Web user to identify it as a possible menu and mouse over to see if it is. (The home page is fine, here.) There are many ways to do this within your artistic style.
    • The menu does not indicate where I am now in the context of the whole site. The existing text is fine, but it doesn't tell me where I am within the menu structure. (On the home page, you could just leave out the "home" link - It would be OK, but I wouldn't recommend it.) Many users, myself included, subconciously use visual and spacial clues to remember where they've been and what's where. This could be as simple as offsetting the image and/or a color change for the text added for the above point.
    • I would make the effort to make the entry for the current page inactive. It isn't a link to another page, so it shouldn't behave like one.

If you haven't yet, I recommend that you read up on Web site usability.

(Also, I wouldn't put your ages on the site. Youth can indicate freshness and creativity, but it can also give an impression of inexperience. Your site itself speaks to the former. Removing this information off won't lose you any sales, but I wouldn't guarantee that leaving it in won't.)
    “Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
    — Albert Einstein

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

• mkraai
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mkraai
      The menu does not indicate where I am now in the context of the whole site.
      I just realized that there is a difference in the brightness of the image, but it's not very obvious, especially on my laptop screen.
      “Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
      — Albert Einstein

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
      — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

• leighn
        • Aug 2004

thanks for the coments all taken into account and fixing up now, thank you

Comment

• mikeh80
          • Mar 2004

Better check your site in Mozilla Firefox. The little button next to "log in" is messed up.

Last edited by mikeh80; 08-06-2004, 11:38 PM. Reason: No need for the picture anymore.

Comment

• leighn
            • Aug 2004

oh dang, will do that , just formatted, need to re install everything thanks

Comment

Working...