X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • furryyuri
    • Aug 2004

mail forwarder cpanel

Hi,
    Already seen a thread or 2 on this but I don't feel I understand the behavior of cpanel. If you set up a forwarder is it supposed to keep the copies at the original address in addition to forwarding it, or not? I feel i am seeing different behavior with different domains I've set up. Does it matter the version of Cpanel? Anyone know of any documentation on this behavior? I wasn't able to find any.

Many thanks.
    • Mar 2004

If you have a mailbox setup and a forwarder, then you will get a copy to both. Normally you have either a mailbox or forwarder but not both. This is the way it seems to have been working for quite some time but anything is possible with cPanel

Comment

• furryyuri
      • Aug 2004

Thanks. I didn't know that and my original mailbox is full and not taking anymore messages. I guess I'll just delete the mailboc then.

Comment

• DeNic
        • Aug 2004

I know this is a really old thread, but it's exactly my question so want to make sure the info is still current...

I have a client that simply wants the vanity e-mail addy but any e-mail to those addys to go to whatever specified account the user(s) request.

So I should NOT set up an actual account, but simply set up a forward for each vanity account?

I do not want to have to empty each mailbox periodically if it is keeping a copy of each e-mail.

Thanks!

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Correct. You just need the forwarder.

Comment

• DeNic
            • Aug 2004

Thanks so much for the confirmation Andrew.

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

You're very welcome!

Comment

Working...