Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Password Changing within SquirrelMail

Question Password Changing within SquirrelMail

I remember in the old forums, there was a link given that allowed users to change their webmail password through some javascript I think. I was wondering if anyone still had that link.

I would prefer to install a change password plugin for SQMail, but the problem is that none of them seem to work for me. Most of them either require another program or process to be running, which I don't think Dathorn's servers run. Any help would be appreciated.

As far as I know none of these ever worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    As far as I know none of these ever worked.
    That's the problem...why wont any of these work for us? Actually, the javascript one I mentioned did work, but it was just a bad way of going about it or something.

My guess is because it has to integrate with CPanel and even CPanel has a hard time integrating with CPanel!

If you knew cPanel's hooks, you could probably write your own fairly easily, or you could modify one of the Squirrelmail plugins.

I believe this is just what you are looking for This plugin lets you change passwords from within squirrelmail on CPanel servers.

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=204

Quote Originally Posted by iodja
    I believe this is just what you are looking for This plugin lets you change passwords from within squirrelmail on CPanel servers.

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=204
    I'm pretty sure Ikkebra and I tried that one and it didnt work. I'll try it again tonight when I get home just to confirm.

It works for me

Iodja, could you share with us the string you used to make it work ? Have been trying to make it work with no luck.

Thanks

Ok, but it has been awhile so I’m not entirely sure what all I had to change around to get it working. I believe the main thing you need to be concerned with is making sure that the links in the configuration file correspond to the cPanel theme that you are running. Each theme has different link structures, so the easiest way to get it working is just change the cPanel theme for that domain to “Iconic”. That is the default theme the script uses. I hope that helps you

Thread Information