X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

7/3/07 - cpanel13, cpanel15 & cpanel19 Downtime

These three servers all experienced some lengthy downtime this morning due to errors on The Planet's part. They have still not provided us with an official RFO but I will post it if and when we receive one.

I can say for sure that the reason that these servers were down was due to a VLAN misconfiguration (these 3 servers are all on the same VLAN), which is solely The Planet's responsibility. It took them quite a while to isolate the problem at which point they fixed the issue and as a result restored access to cpanel15 and cpanel19. Additional work had to be done to restore connectivity to cpanel13's secondary range of IP addresses, which unfortunately also included cpanel13's DNS addresses.

I do apologize for the inconvenience that this undoubtedly caused. We already have plans to upgrade these three servers to our new platform by the end of August. cpanel13's upgrade should actually begin sometime next week. As per the normal upgrade process, we will be posting announcements and sending out e-mails to inform everyone of the upgrades before hand. These upgrades will eliminate any further problems that could potentially arise on these servers.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post here on the forums or submit a ticket.
Working...