X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

Credit Card Processing

Does anybody know of any excellent, *affordable*, and *bonus*
    willing to do business with under 18 teens, Credit Card processing company??

After complete redesign of my site, getting off my lazy @$$ and
    grabbing a SSL Cert and gonna ditch good ol' PayPal.

Heh, plus I finally got the $50 I need for one
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

The ones usually mentioned are 2CheckOut and PaySystems (add the .com and you have their websites).

I signed up for both, and then backed out and asked for my money back. Got a refund.

PaySystems has a contract a mile long, and they won't work with minors. They also have some terms that, while they don't currently enforce them, didn't seem fair to me. 2CheckOut is an easier system to sign up on, but they have problems listed in their forums (that you can only access after signing up) that have not been addressed in two years.

I'm sticking with Paypal until I get to the size where I can have a regular, $25 per month merchant account.

Comment

• Buddha
      • Mar 2004

Since your under 18 you may have trouble getting anyone to do business with you. In most states, you can't enter into a legally binding contract. Is there an adult ( Parental Unit ) who you could get to sign for these kind of things?
      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Mar 2004

yea, for PAyPal mom alrdy does it for me;
        just I got an IP addie while back and then this got
        put low on my priorities; tho I do need that new hard drive,
        I'm gonna do this first, since I'm re-designing my site 125%
        - C

Comment

• pulsetoday
          • Jun 2004

If i am a bit rude here... apologies. But if you are under 18 then you are not legally authorized to have a full bank account yourself . It will have to be a joint account , and if you are having a joint account then it will be with a major. so why not do buusiness in your mom or dad's name. I am pretty sure that they will not run away with your money

2checkout needs a verification like your driving liscence or passport. If you are under 18 you most certainly cannot give em your driving license .

I am with 2checkout and even some of the very successful companies are with them. Therefure they are reliable. There were some delays in payment earlier but they were sorted out.

Another option that you may have to process cerdit cards is paypal.com . You will need to study them and see if they suite your needs.

Anyway the best option always to process CCs are the Real Merchant Account but there is too much of hassle and they are really expensive ( I think your budget is $50 ... right )

My Advice- try out bot 2checkout and Paypal and see what fits in your requrements.

Comment

• Denver Dave
            • Sep 2004

Not exactly related, but the VisaBuxx card allows teenagers to have a credit card with an adult sponsor. It is a 0 credit limit prepaid card. I have one where I am the sponsor and the kid (I'm way over 18) but it is useful for internet transactions - they email me everytime it is used.

Paypal - now that Paypal allows credit card purchases without the customer joining Paypal - why not use Paypal - much cheaper for low volume than other approaches.

Denver Dave

Comment

• Jonathan
              • Mar 2004

I am/was using PayPal... but they slapped me with this stupid fee
              when a lady claimed she hadn't requested the services.
              She basicly got mad when I suspended her accnt, b/c she wasn't paying.

Other than that, shutting down my small setup;
              going to just setup gallary of my work or something instead.
              - C

Comment

Working...