X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

Creating an E-commerce Site

Creating an E-commerce website.

Thru another company we do business with (from work) he has access to a wholesale distributor, who gives outstanding prices on many items (I checked their price, vs. newegg.com on digital cameras, and they are either the same, or under newegg's price).

What we would have to do with it is, Put the items into a catalogue format on the website, to be easily updatable one or twice a month. Be able to do the transaction (sale) on the item to us. Then send an email to us with the purchase info, so we could in turn order the sale items from the distributor.

I have no clue on any of this. I just talked to the gentleman today about it. Any info to push me in the right direction of getting some of this figured out, would be very helpful.

Also, on the subject, has anyone setup any affliate programs, or understand how to track the links? Ie. Billy Bob has a website with a link to our sales site, and 3 people come thru and purchase $1000 in sales. How to track that, to give Billy Bob his affliate $$?
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!
  • Elite
    • Apr 2004

Well you could take a look at oscommerce http://www.oscommerce.com/

I should probably point out that most merchant accounts (certainly in UK) insist that you already own the goods that you offer for sale. On that note what would you do if you receive an order for a camera at $100 but the site you're buying from puts the price up to $110 or is sold out?

I think oscommerce has an affiliate add-on, other wise there are many programs at hotscripts.com

HTH

Comment

Working...