Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha
    Have you disabled automatic reboot on system failure?

Critical Update for Windows XP (KB885626)

This is basically the problem
    Here

Would be nice if it actually fixed it, attempting a linux fix now from Here except my knoppix cd looks to be scratched. Meh. Guess I will finish it on monday.

**edit - fyi the machine was brougt in due to a bad hard drive. Drive was replaced with a Hitachi 160 gig IDE drive. Beginning to think maybe the IDE controller is hosed (have seen it on this type of Gateway machine before several times).
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• ChrisTech
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Extremeality
      My site was also exploitable too when I was using 0.617 version. The reason why it was hacked was because the hacker somehow gained access to this folder "\htmlarea\" located under handlers folder which you will need to delete the htmlarea folder and all its files. e107.org explains better details about this. Hope this helps.

Looking thru all the old files (downloaded them before deleting). Found this kobrashell.gif.php in the images/avatar folder...

htmlarea wasn't touched at all.

Comment

• gedeco
        • Feb 2006

me too

I'm still wondering how the Kobrashell.gif.php get on my server.
        didn't found it when reextracting the original e107 tar bal. Some addon?

The attacker searched the file first in different locations. So it proves somehow he didn't know a exact location.

This was the only post I found when googling around.

I have email contact with the hacker. So I hope to find out more.

Buddha, do I know you from the clarkconnect forums?

Geert

Comment

• Buddha
          • Mar 2004

Buddha, do I know you from the clarkconnect forums?
          No, don't think I ever posted there. Beyond Dathorn and a few others, I'm usually Buddha443556.
          "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• ChrisTech
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha
            Have you disabled automatic reboot on system failure?

Critical Update for Windows XP (KB885626)

Never did find out what the problem was. Tried bios update, and all sorts of fixes. Same problem happens across OS's so its hardware related. Put in a used 40 gig hd (it had a 40 gig hd in it) and it worked fine.

I'd still go with it being some sort of IDE controller (failure) issue.

Comment

• Extremeality
              • Mar 2004

Followup with using CMS e107. I was about to pull my hair out trying to fix all those bugs in e107 so I made the decision to go with php-fusion CMS. This CMS rocks compared to e107. It so much easier to manage, and their add-on modules are so simple to install. Most of the modules you don't even have to edit any of the code to make it work. Some you do but it was pretty simple.

I had my site up and going within a weeks time when I made the change over to php-fusion CMS. And everything is running so smooth so far. It's made my life easier that's for sure. So if anyone is looking for a rock solid CMS ( from my experience with them ) check out http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/news.php . Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...