Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

Outgoing mail via Verizon USB Mobile Broadband

Has anyone run into this yet? My dad recently got one of these devices, and is having issues setting up his email (hosted here at Dathorn).

I haven't yet had a chance to go out at look at the issue, but figured I'd toss up a post here, to see if anyone else had worked on this network or devices yet.

I'm thinking the incoming server should have no issue, just the outgoing one will have the issue.

He is still using Outlook Express. You can't change some people. Then using XP Pro (Desktop), or XP Home (Laptop) or XP Media Center (Netbook) with the device. I have to, strike that, "Get to" set this up for him. Just looking for direction!

Didn't know if there was possibly a way to setup authentication on the outgoing server from Dathorn to make it work possibly?

PS We need a post icon back that has the "?" symbol on it.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

I use a MiFi without issue. Most ISPs block the default SMTP port (25) so you'll want to use port 587.

Comment

• ChrisTech
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
      I use a MiFi without issue. Most ISPs block the default SMTP port (25) so you'll want to use port 587.
      Thanks for the quick answer Andrew (as usual). He ended up getting the stick, I told him to go for a MiFi, but oh well.

I've already joined the Android Nation & have zero issues using pop3 email (hosted here) via my Moto Droid.
      Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

Working...