X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pitu
    • Apr 2004

terms and conditions /extra fees

1. terms & conditions page?

2. extras? How much does an extra Gb in transfer cost?

thank you
  • -Oz-
    • Mar 2004

1. TOS: http://dathorn.com/terms.php
    AUP: http://dathorn.com/aup.php
    2. You cannot go over your bandwidth, you are allocated a set amount and if you go over you must upgrade to the next plan.
    Dan Blomberg

Comment

• Jonathan
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by -Oz-
      2. You cannot go over your bandwidth, you are allocated a set amount and if you go over you must upgrade to the next plan.
      More clearly defined explaination of what Oz said...

Your set "X" amount of bandwidth (depending of plan).
      If you reach that "X" amount, your site(s) will say
      "Sorry, but the site has gone over the bandwidth limit" default message.

So, assuming you reached, say the 30GB for the Basic Plan,
      you either have to wait for the next month or contact Dathorn
      and request your plan be upgraded to the next level.
      "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
      - C

Comment

• pitu
        • Apr 2004

some more details

Hello

Thank you for your answers, could you please give me some more details:

1. Concerning the bandwith limitation:

- is it possible for me to limit the bandwith of each account i create in WHM

- Is the upgrade to the next plan available instantly upon request (ex 1 day delay) or
        can it be done automatically (exnce the bandwith is surpassed my account goes autmatically
        to the next level and the user never has to see "bandwith limitation reached" page)

- once the account is upgraded can it be downgraded for the next month.

2. What constitutes the bandwith meter:

-uploading and downloading FTP?

-Mail? consulting webmail, downloading mails, (Is the mail space a part of my disk space?
        if not, how much space is allocated per mail)

-consulting management console for my account and cpanel?

3. Financial issue:

Point 4 from ToS states that

"Accounts that are not collectable by DIS may be turned over to an outside collection
        agency for collection. If your account is turned over for collection, you agree to pay the company a
        "Processing and Collection" Fee of not less than $20 nor more than $150."

what makes an account non collectable by DIS? Is there anyway to prevent this.

I feel concerned by this, because I will be paying with an European(French) credit-card and
        I can tell you it's not just the television systems that are incompatible between USA/FR

Are there any other ways of payment? Direct bank transfers, bank certified cheques...

pitu

Comment

• KyleC
          • Mar 2004

i added my answers in red
          Originally posted by pitu
          Hello

Thank you for your answers, could you please give me some more details:

1. Concerning the bandwith limitation:

- is it possible for me to limit the bandwith of each account i create in WHM
          YES
          - Is the upgrade to the next plan available instantly upon request (ex 1 day delay) or
          can it be done automatically (exnce the bandwith is surpassed my account goes autmatically
          to the next level and the user never has to see "bandwith limitation reached" page)
          you have to submit a ticket, it is not automatic. a few hour delay at most. - once the account is upgraded can it be downgraded for the next month.

2. What constitutes the bandwith meter:

-uploading and downloading FTP?
          yes
          -Mail? consulting webmail, downloading mails, (Is the mail space a part of my disk space?
          if not, how much space is allocated per mail)
          yes, yes, you allocated how much each mailbox can have.
          -consulting management console for my account and cpanel?
          not for your your console, but for every cpanel it subtracts from that persons account
          3. Financial issue:

Point 4 from ToS states that

"Accounts that are not collectable by DIS may be turned over to an outside collection
          agency for collection. If your account is turned over for collection, you agree to pay the company a
          "Processing and Collection" Fee of not less than $20 nor more than $150."

what makes an account non collectable by DIS? Is there anyway to prevent this.
          if your credit card is canceled, or you try to defraud DIS by not paying. this will not be a problem if you are a honest person.I feel concerned by this, because I will be paying with an European(French) credit-card and
          I can tell you it's not just the television systems that are incompatible between USA/FR

Are there any other ways of payment? Direct bank transfers, bank certified cheques...
          no

pitu
          -Kyle

Comment

• pitu
            • Apr 2004

ok

One question is left un-answered

-once the account is upgraded can it be downgraded for the next month?

Comment

• KyleC
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pitu
              One question is left un-answered

-once the account is upgraded can it be downgraded for the next month?
              sorry i missed it,

yes, but not automatically, you would have to request it before your next billing cycle began, and you would have to reduce your domains bandwidth and space back down to fit that plan.
              -Kyle

Comment

Working...