Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCinDE
    • Apr 2004

Certificate errors in email client

When I launch Thunderbird, I get a window proclaiming "Website Certified by Unknown Authority" and when I tell it to accept for just this session I get "You have attempted to establish a connection with 'cpanel70.gzo.com'. However, the security certificate presented belongs to 'localhost'. [etc]

I can click through both errors but they're annoying.

Is there something I need to change in CPanel?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

You will need to configure your e-mail client to permanently save the certificate.

Comment

• JCinDE
      • Apr 2004

I did that and I still get "You have attempted to establish a connection with 'cpanel70.gzo.com'. However, the security certificate presented belongs to 'localhost'" every time I connect.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

You shouldn't get any warnings if your e-mail client is configured to save and trust the certificate.

I've confirmed that all of the e-mail service certificates on your server are in fact registered to cpanel70.gzo.com (not "localhost" as your error seems to indicate). I even just reset them to brand new certificates to make sure that there weren't any problems.

Comment

• JCinDE
          • Apr 2004

That apparently fixed it. Not sure what was going on but I don't get the message now and I changed nothing on this end. Thanks, Andrew.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

That's odd. Oh well. At least it works now

Comment

Working...