Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denver Dave
    • Sep 2004

Q on setting quotas

Dathorn has given great reliability and value to me for several years and I plan to continue. However, there is one feature that seems to be a standard part of the reseller plans that I have at two other hosts that I really miss at Dathorn. I just accepted that that is the way that it has to be, but then I thought that I'd might as well ask.

Other Reseller hosts with WHM allow individual domain quotas to be changed, while Dathorn seems to require a new package to be setup. For example:

In WHM - list accounts - other hosts allow the disk quota to be overridden for an individual account without setting up a new package

In WHM - view bandwidth usage - other hosts allow the bandwidth quota for an individual account to be overridden without setting up a new package.

The above may have something to do with how Dathorn handles reseller accounts. Dathorn has a WHM logon and password unrelated to a domain name. The other hosts have a reseller WHM logon and password that is the same as my main reseller domain. I can see why some may not want the reseller account tied to a domain and it has been awkward and times, but it is a little easier to have it tied to the domain for me and definitely saves quite a bit of time if I can just manually increase the bandwidth or disk quota for an individual account.

I'm not a hosting service, I'm a webmaster that hosts domains for my webmaster clients.

Please don't change anything if it interferes with Dathorn's efficiency, but just thought I'd ask about setting the quotas and maybe I'm overlooking something.

Dave
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

We do not allow direct access to the quota and bandwidth modification options because these can be used to circumvent account limits and use more resources than have been allocated to the account.

The easiest way to accomplish a similar function is to have one package for each of your domains and then you can edit the package to adjust the domain's resources accordingly. This really would function no differently with only a minor added time for having to create the package initially.

Comment

• ZYV
      • Sep 2005

By the way, if I remember correctly it can duplicate packages. So you don't have to enter the same thing for every domain every time. Or maybe I am mistaken and it was the browser autocomplete feature. Anyway I mean it's not so hard to do and that's what I am doing now.

Comment

Working...