Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fli
    • Nov 2011

Moving a domain

I have a site at another host and wish to move it all to Dathorn. any suggestions - I have plenty of parked domains that are unused, but it seems like so much work to move a domain at www.realdomainname.com to dathorn/www.realdomainname.com. Any suggestions to save steps?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Fli, I have moved your post to a new topic since it didn't really relate to the one you had replied to, which dates back to 2009 anyways.

If your existing host uses cPanel we can copy over the account to our servers quite easily. You would then just need to change the domain's DNS.

Comment

• Fli
      • Nov 2011

Process to move site and domain to Dathorn

Originally posted by AndrewT
      Fli, I have moved your post to a new topic since it didn't really relate to the one you had replied to, which dates back to 2009 anyways.

If your existing host uses cPanel we can copy over the account to our servers quite easily. You would then just need to change the domain's DNS.
      It's also on a cpanel - can I just copy the files and MySql database or is there a process to copy the account?

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

There's a process that we can perform which is far easier. You'll want to submit a ticket and provide us with the domain along withs its cPanel login information. We can copy over the account for you.

Comment

Working...